What Are Business Suits Made Of
When it comes to professional attire, few items are as iconic as the business suit. Whether you’re heading to an important meeting or a job interview, the right suit can make all the difference. But have you ever stopped to wonder what business suits are made of?
Business suits are generally made from different materials, such as wool, cotton, silk and synthetic fabrics. Knowing what business suits are made of can help you better care for them, as different materials may require different cleaning methods to maintain their quality and longevity.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the most common materials used in business suits:
- • Wool — Wool is the most popular fabric used in business suits, and for a good reason. Not only is it comfortable to wear, but it also has a natural drape and can be tailored to fit the body perfectly. Wool is also durable and long-lasting, making it an excellent choice for a suit you regularly use.
- • Cotton — Cotton is another popular fabric for business suits, especially in warmer climates. It’s lightweight and breathable, making it an excellent choice for summer suits or people who run hot. However, cotton wrinkles easily and may not hold its shape as well as wool.
- • Silk — Silk is a luxurious fabric that’s soft and comfortable to wear and is often a popular choice for special occasions or formal events. However, take note that silk is delicate and requires special care to maintain its quality.
- • Linen — Linen is a lightweight, breathable fabric perfect for hot weather. However, like cotton, it’s prone to wrinkles and may not be as durable as other fabrics. Linen suits are best for more casual occasions.
- • Synthetic fibre — Synthetic fibres, like polyester or rayon, are often used in budget-friendly suits. While they may be less expensive, they’re not as breathable or comfortable as natural fibres. They may also be less durable over time. Some modern synthetic fabrics can mimic the look and feel of wool or silk, making them a popular choice for budget-conscious shoppers.
- • Fabric blends — Many suits are made from a blend of different fabrics, which can combine the benefits of different materials. For example, a wool and silk blend may create a soft and luxurious feel, while a cotton and synthetic blend may be more affordable and durable.
When choosing a business suit, it’s essential to consider both the materials used and the quality of the construction. A well-made suit can last for years, so it’s worth investing in a high-quality suit that will look great and hold up well over time.
Finding the right suit
“What are business suits made of?” is a common question asked by those in the market for a new suit, as the fabric used can significantly impact the look and feel of the garment. If you’re looking for an Italian tailor in Sydney, who makes tailor-made business suits, Sartorial Bay is here.
Specialising exclusively in custom-made-to-measure tailoring, Sartorial Bay is headed by Italian tailor Massimo Guglielmi who has almost two decades of experience from Savile Row in London to Sydney.
At Sartorial Bay, Massimo believes that tailoring is an extremely personal service, so he takes care of clients himself, overseeing the whole tailoring process from beginning to end. Whether you opt for a classic wool suit or a more modern synthetic blend, Massimo can craft the right suit for you. Contact us today to get started, or check out our FAQs for more information.